e-Recruitment Recruitment Groups
A Recruitment Group is allocated to the Job Requisition when it is created. This includes all the University staff that require access to view, edit, process or approve the Job Requisition, for the particular vacancy. The Recruitment Group will also include the interview panel members who may be added when the Job Requisition is created or at any point following.
For groups of people that regularly have a role within the department's recruitment process, a Recruitment Group may be created and saved in advance, then attached as a whole, to each relevant Job Requisition. This facility avoids the need to add each person individually for every Job Requisition and will be used to assign your Faculty HR and Finance contacts to every Job Requisition. Please see the Job Requisition Guide, available as a download from this page, for further details on when and how to create Recruitment Groups.
Within the recruitment process the groups of staff that will require different levels of access to the Job Requisition are:
- Recruiters: Recruiters are able to create and edit their Job Requisitions, trigger the approval process and perform tasks within the Hiring process. It is possible to attach more than one Recruiter to the same Job Requisition. In some departments, different people manage the Job Requisition and Hiring processes for the same vacancy. In these circumstances both Recruiters would be included in the Recruitment Group for the Job Requisition. Please note: A Recruiter is not able to also approve the Job Requisition. Please ensure the Approvers are defined before adding all Recruiters to all Job Requisitions for cover purposes.
- Human Resources: Your Faculty HR Advisers and Assistants should be attached to all of your Job Requisitions and given the HR role in the Recruitment Group. This will allow them to provde support while you are creating your Job Requisitions, perform the redeployment checks once the Job Requisition is approved, Publish your vacancy, as appropriate, and perform the required tasks at appointment.
- Finance: Each Faculty and Professional Services have defined Finance as an Approver for their Job Requistions. Please see the Approval Guide link on the right for details of the agreed approval processes for each Faculty. Finance should be included as Approvers, where appropriate, and also as the Finance role to allow them to provide support while the Job Requisitions are being created and to access the information they require to ensure the correct funding is assigned to the uBASE position.
- Occupational Health: Staff from the Occupational Health Service should be included in the Recruitment Group for all Job Requisitions. They will be given access, within e-Recruitment, to all the information they require to process the Work Health Assessments (WHA).
- Approvers: A Job Requisition is approved electronically within e-Recruitment and this process replaces the signatures on the paper ATR form. Further information regarding the approval process is available via the quick link on the right of this page. The Approvers of Job Requisitions have been defined for each Faculty in agreement with the Faculty Directors of Operations, the Director of Finance and the Registrar. Details of the Faculty approval routes for different recruitment scenarios e.g. internal & external funding etc. are available as downloads from the Job Requisition Approval Guide webpage.
- Panel Members: This refers to the members of the shortlisting and interview panel for the particular vacancy. Assigning the Panel Member role will provide them with access to view the applications and perform on-line shortlisting during the Hiring process. The Recruiter is able to include Panel Members in the Recruitment Group when creating the Job Requisition or at any point following this without affecting the status of the Job Requisition.
- Chair of Panel: This role should be assigned to the Chair of the Interview Panel, for reporting purposes. The role within e-Recruitment is identical to the Panel Member role above.