Recruitment with Impact
Jobs will be advertised online by Human Resources automatically on the University jobs page and at jobs.ac.uk. However you may have subject specific places you know are popular to advertise in your area.
Remember to build sufficient time in to your recruitment and selection action planning to accommodate this, including editing action for all adverts.
Tips on using social media
Social media has become extremely important in recruitment.
You can use social media to promote your department to potential candidates. We recommend that you use Facebook and Twitter to post a variety of information to your followers to promote the University as an employer and Sheffield as a city. This could include:
• Information on any jobs which are live in your department.
• Retweet any jobs posted on the @shefunijobs twitter account that are linked to your department.
• Links to positive exposure in the media involving your department.
• Interesting research findings from your department.
• Images, videos and audio clips promoting your Department and/or Sheffield.
Tell candidates about Sheffield
People might not know much about Sheffield, but once they're here we know they'll love it.
Download a pocket guide to our friendly, hilly city and share some facts with candidates when you meet them to help sell them the city.
Have you thought of letting people know about vacancies you have through your email signatures.
Let the people you're talking to know you're recruiting.