Textio is a tool and learning platform for writing better job adverts to help attract a wider pool of talent.
It is very straightforward to use – you paste in your advert text to Textio, and it instantly provides you with alternative words to make your advert more gender-neutral, less corporate, and generally more engaging.
They also have a huge bank of data and can compare your posting to more than 70 million others, and predict how effective your advert will be at getting the right person for the job.
Textio have further developed their tool by introducing Textio Flow – you type a sentence, a brief paragraph or even a single word, press tab, and Textio will generate the best language to represent your ideas (drawn from the existing language in our job library). See how it works in this quick video: https://youtu.be/F7zRLnkUS-I
Benefits of using Textio
- Quick and easy to use.
- Small changes can have a big impact on candidate engagement.
- Can be used for positive action – can encourage more male or female candidates to apply by shifting the gender tone of the language you use.
- Can address unconscious bias in the language of the advert text.
- Better job adverts = wider pool of suitable candidates.
To find out more, or to get added to the University’s licence, please contact Jennie Gladwin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Already registered to use Textio?
Example of Textio in action
- The score refers to the overall advert not just gender tone - this advert has a masculine tone.
- Textio will show you different choices of words for masculine or feminine tone words.
- It will make suggestions to improve your score for the overall advert.
- Small changes to language and layout can greatly improve your overall advertisement (indicated by increased score) and change the tone to gender-neutral, feminine or masculine. Here it is neutral.