- Who can apply?
- What are the timescales for the next programme?
- Do I need to speak with my HoD before applying?
- Who will the mentors be?
- Am I guaranteed a place on the programme?
- What are the time implications?
- I have attended the Sheffield Leader, should I also apply for Futures?
1. Who can apply?
All female and BAME (Black, Asian & minority ethnic) academic staff are eligible to apply to participate in Futures as mentees.
2. What are the timescales for the next programme?
The next programme will be aligned with the academic year, and will start in September 2018. Further information including the timeline for the next programme will be published on this page in due course.
3. Do I need to speak with my HoD before applying?
It is recommended that you speak with your HoD about what you aim to achieve from participating in the programme before applying.
4. Who will the mentors be?
Senior academics and VPs will be participating in the programme as mentors. In addition other current and previous senior staff may participate in the programme where we find a good match with successful applicant/s.
5. Am I guaranteed a place on the programme?
Unfortunately not as there are strictly limited places on the programme. Places aren’t offered on a first-come-first-served basis, and applications will be carefully reviewed to ensure that there is a diverse representation of participants who are felt to be best-placed to benefit from the programme. Places will also only be offered where a good match is found from our pool of mentors.
6. What are the time implications?
The minimum time commitment is for mentees and mentors to attend a mentoring briefing session and a minimum of 3 meetings with their mentor over the course of the 6-month programme.
7. I have attended the Sheffield Leader, should I also apply for Futures?
That’s up to you – Futures and the Sheffield Leader are two separate programmes with a different structure and aims. It is felt that staff will be able to gain benefit from attending both programmes where these fit in with their career ambitions.