Futures is a 6 months mentoring programme for female and BME (black & minority ethnic) academic staff. It is an exciting opportunity to be mentored by a more senior member of staff with a focus on supporting career progression.
Promoting diversity in leadership
Futures is a 6 months mentoring programme for female and BAME (Black, Asian and Other Minority Ethnic) academic staff. It is an exciting opportunity to be mentored by a more senior member of staff with a focus on supporting career progression.
As part of the programme you will:
• Receive a briefing session before you apply, to find out more about the programme, mentoring and what’s involved.
• Be allocated a mentor/mentee. We use an application process to ensure a match that most closely meets your needs.
• Have an introductory meeting with your mentor/mentee at the start of the programme, followed by 3 further meetings over 6 months.
• Receive access to development events and resources throughout the programme to support your journey as a mentee/mentor.
• Be invited to give feedback on the programme, essential for the success of future programmes.
Our ambition is to develop a fully inclusive University community which encourages everyone to flourish and reach their potential within a positive and supportive culture. The aim of the Futures programme is to increase the pool of female and BAME academics contributing in roles and grades at the University where they are currently under-represented.
We believe that diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact in our research and teaching and enhances the experience of our students. All of our staff and students pursue the extraordinary, supporting the University’s vision of excellence, impact and distinctiveness.
The Power of People, University Strategic Plan, 2016-2021
Further information about the programme is available via the FAQs link below.
Please contact Futures Mentoring at: firstname.lastname@example.org