How to ease the load
A digitally blended learning module
This digitally blended learning module is for all colleagues to access. We understand that many colleagues are balancing busy workloads, with additional challenges due to the impact that the pandemic is having on many people’s lives at work and at home. The module will help with balancing complex workloads, feeling comfortable using Google suite to manage tasks, and exploring project management exercises.
This module has two learning sections - Core Learning and Additional Learning - to provide a clear and accessible approach to your development. The module uses varied resources and materials to appeal to all learners and is broken down by duration, so that you can engage with them flexibly and at a time that meets your needs.
By completing all of the Core Learning, you will:
- feel more confident to manage a busy schedule
- consider how to balance work and personal lives
- understand how to best utilise organisational tools, including the Google suite, to manage workload
- be able to determine and prioritise goals
- feel able to effectively plan and progress projects
Please watch the welcome video for this course to find out more.
This module consists of two learning sections for you to consider:
Core Learning is designed to introduce you to how to ease the load. We have provided dedicated and varied resources to encourage critical reflection and action planning. To ensure that it is flexible and accessible for you, we have broken this down by duration, as detailed below:
- When you have 5 minutes - We provide an introduction and overview of key principles and concepts related to the module topic, typically as a video or guidance document.
- When you have 30 minutes - We provide further learning and instruction to deepen understanding, as well as encourage reflection, typically through use of videos, audio files, articles, quizzes and worksheets or workbooks.
- When you have 60 minutes or more - We provide opportunities for social learning, deeper reflection and encourage you to commit to action planning. Typically this can be done through attending live development sessions, connecting with peers, coaches or mentors to consider learning, and completing development or action plans.
To get the most out of this module, we recommend that learners engage with all of the Core Learning.
Additional Learning is available to assist you to prepare for being able to ease the load in a personalised way; we understand that all colleagues will have different situations, relationships, knowledge and experience. This space is designed to suit individual needs around specific module themes such as prioritisation, managing your energy levels, your wellbeing at work, and many more curated materials. Again we aim to support different types of learning by varying our resources - there are often videos, e-learning courses and guidance booklets available to support your development in a way that suits you.
For this module there will be live development sessions available to complement the Core Learning, at various points in the year, bookable via LMS. Our development partner, David Longstaff, will facilitate an interactive learning session for colleagues which will explore how to manage a project, update to do lists and try some great features in the Google suite of tools.
Please note that this blended digital learning is skills based. We do, however, recognise that you may have questions or concerns regarding specific HR processes or policies that could relate to easing the load. To support these queries we would recommend considering the manager’s toolkit on our health and wellbeing web pages, or contacting your local HR representative directly.
This module is accessible via Blackboard. To join this module please follow the instructions below:
1. To enrol and engage with this module please click this link to self-enrol on Blackboard.
(If you get an 'Access Denied' message, click on the 'Log In' button, and enter your usual username and password)
2. On the self-enrolment screen click 'Submit' and click 'OK' to complete the process.
3. Once enrolled, the course will appear in your Blackboard organisations list.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any queries or issues regarding this online training.
f you have 5 minutes now you may want to watch this video on How to Ease the Load. Please note there is no narration in this video.
'How to Ease the Load' is part of the ‘How to’ series, that has been designed to support colleagues’ professional development around key organisational areas and challenges. A new module will be released regularly as part of the ‘How to’ series. You can find out more by visiting our 'How to' introduction page here.
The People Development team are committed to supporting professional development for colleagues, ensuring that modules are relevant within the current context and beyond, and are accessible and flexible. Should you have any queries or feedback, please contact us at email@example.com.