SRDS Skills for Reviewers Online Training
This digitally blended learning module is aimed at all SRDS reviewers. The aim of the module is to help you to get the most out of the SRDS review process, ensuring that your reviews are valuable experiences that are beneficial to you, your reviewee and the Organisation, within a virtual environment.
This module has two learning sections - Core Learning and Additional Learning - to provide a clear and accessible approach to your development. The module uses varied resources and materials to appeal to all learners, and is broken down by duration, so that you can engage with them flexibly and at a time that meets your needs.
By the end of this training you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose & benefits of the Staff Review & Development Scheme (SRDS)
- Recognise improvement in your confidence and skills within the SRDS process
- Manage virtual SRDS conversations effectively
- Give constructive feedback
- Discuss and agree performance objectives
This module consists of two learning sections for you to consider:
Core Learning is designed to introduce you to the benefits of having SRDS conversations, the communication skills required and the responsibilities of the reviewer. We have provided dedicated and varied resources to encourage critical reflection and action planning. To ensure that it is flexible and accessible for you, we have broken this down by duration, as detailed below:
- When you have 10 minutes - We provide an introduction and overview of key principles and concepts related to the module topic, typically as a video or set of videos.
- When you have 30 minutes - We provide further learning and instruction to deepen understanding, as well as encourage reflection, typically through use of videos, quizzes and worksheets.
- When you have 60 minutes or more - We provide opportunities for social learning, deeper reflection and encourage you to commit to action planning.
To get the most out of this module, we recommend that learners engage with all of the Core Learning.
Additional Learning is available to assist you to prepare for the SRDS conversation in a personalised way; we understand that all colleagues will have different situations, relationships, knowledge and experience. This space is designed to suit individual needs around specific module themes.
For this module there will be live development sessions available to complement the Core Learning, bookable via LMS. Specialist colleagues from People Development will facilitate an interactive learning session for reviewers to explore how they can enhance and develop their skills.
Please note that this blended digital learning is skills based. We do, however, recognise that you may have questions or concerns regarding specific processes or policies that could relate to SRDS. To support these queries, we would recommend considering the SRDS Policy web pages or by contacting your local HR representative directly.
This module is accessible via Blackboard. To join this module please follow the instructions below:
1. To enrol and engage with this module please click this link to self-enrol on Blackboard.
(If you get an 'Access Denied' message, click on the 'Log In' button, and enter your usual username and password)
2. On the self-enrolment screen click 'Submit' and click 'OK' to complete the process.
3. Once enrolled, the course will appear in your Blackboard organisations list.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any queries or issues regarding this online training.