SRDS Skills for Reviewers Online Training
The aim of this online training is to help you to get the most out of the SRDS review process, ensuring that your reviews are a valuable experience that are beneficial to you, your reviewee and the Organisation, within a virtual environment.
By the end of this training you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose & benefits of the Staff Review & Development Scheme (SRDS)
- Recognise improvement in your confidence and skills within SRDS process
- Manage virtual SRDS conversations effectively
- Give constructive feedback
- Discuss and agree performance objectives
This training consists of three essential elements for you to complete:
- Pre-work designed to introduce you to the benefits of having SRDS conversations, the communication skills required, and the responsibilities of the reviewer.
- A live development session is to bring the SRDS conversation to life. Specialist colleagues from People Development will facilitate an interactive learning session for reviewers to explore how they can enhance and develop their skills
- Post-work which will enable you to prepare for having SRDS conversations by giving constructive feedback and agreeing objectives for performance.
This is supplemented with virtual SRDS Q&A sessions to answer any outstanding questions you may have regarding the review process.
It is essential that you complete pre-work prior to coming along to the live development session - please follow the joining instructions on LMS to access this.
How to join:
This is an online resource in Blackboard, and therefore the live development and Q&A sessions are bookable through LMS, but can be accessed alongside your pre-work in Blackboard. LMS will be updated shortly with instructions on how to access Blackboard and with live session dates.