Juice - The Virgin Pulse Global Challenge (VPGC) is back this May!
Last year 434 staff participated and covered an incredible distance of 223,381 miles in total (equating to walking nearly 9 times around the world). This year we are hoping to get even more staff involved in the challenge and maintain our “Most Active Organisation” title.
What is the Virgin Pulse Global Challenge (VPGC)?
The VPGC is available to staff as part of our wider Juice offer and is a fun, and energising programme designed to improve staff wellbeing. As well as improving staff health, the VPGC also helps create engaged and healthy teams by encouraging long-term behavioural change.
How does it work?
• On 23 May staff, in teams of seven, will start a 100 day virtual walking journey around the world.
• Staff will each receive a VPGC Pulse – a 3D accelerometer that uses the same motion sensing technology found in smartphones to accurately track their daily activity.
• Staff will be able to record their daily activity levels via the VPGC website or mobile apps
• The more active a team, the healthier they become and the more instant reward they receive; including progression along a virtual journey of the world, performance stats, pesonalised motivational results videos, trophies and certificates.
• Staff who participate in the challenge will also be able to continue to access the VPGC website for a period of 12 months and participate in additional initiatives such as VPGC nutrition assessments and advice, individual challenges, walking route mapping, ‘meeting on the move’ planner and energy management.
How do I sign up?
• The cost of team participation (£411) MUST be agreed with your Faculty/Department/Line Manager prior to registration.
• Teams will consist of 7 members with an elected team captain.
• Elected team captains will need to register their team by the 27 April and this can be done by visiting the Virgin Pulse Global Challenge website: http://gcvp.co/uniofsheffield
• Once your teams have been registered please ask your departmental contact to email email@example.com with the following information: Cost centre, all department teams and team captains and work address for delivery of pedometers.
The deadline for participation in the 2018 Challenge is Friday 27 April. The challenge will begin on Wednesday 23 May.
Should you have any queries regarding the VPGC Challenge 2018, please do not hesitate to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org