The Digital Humanities Institute is one of the UK’s leading Digital Humanities teams, providing research and development services for the arts, humanities and heritage domains.
With 20 years experience, our mission is to support the innovative use of technology within Arts and Humanities research as both a method of inquiry and a means of dissemination.
We perform a range of activities as part of the Humanities Research Institute at the University of Sheffield:
- Partnership with internal and external clients on projects in the Arts and Humanities in which there is an ICT component or digital output. This includes:
- Online publishing services for high-quality Arts and Humanities research resources which need to be peer-reviewed and made freely available to the public.
- Guidance on data development standards for preservation, interoperability and re-use.
- Facilitating knowledge exchange between ICT-related research in the Arts and Humanities and organisations within the education, cultural, library information and creative industries.
- Exploring the impact of the digital Arts and Humanities and the relevance of new technologies for delivering next-generation research resources.