Dr. Ever Grech MB BS(Lond), MD (Lond), FRCP, FACC.
Consultant Cardiologist and TAVI Lead,
Hon. Senior Lecturer (University of Sheffield)
South Yorkshire Cardiothoracic Centre
Northern General Hospital
Office (Secretary -Dawn Devonald)
Tel: +44 (0) 114 305 2825
Fax: +44 (0) 114 261 0350
I have been a Consultant Cardiologist since 1999 and have a wealth of experience in percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) and transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI).
My research interests are diverse and clinically orientated. I have been closely involved in a number of Cardiology research projects which have resulted in a publication in a wide variety of journals as well as the award of University of Sheffield degrees. I have also published two editions of ABC of Interventional Cardiology (BMJ Books) and three editions of Practical Interventional Cardiology (CRC Press) textbooks. I am currently involved in research projects investigating microvesicles following reperfusion after acute myocardial infarction in man.
I am currently involved in a research project investigating activation markers, inflammatory agents and myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury following primary PCI recanalisation after acute myocardial infarction in man. I am also Principle Investigator for two ongoing multicentre TAVI trials (UK TAVI and ENVISAGE-AF).
- Lloyd A, Steele L, Fotheringham J, Iqbal J, Sultan A, Teare MD, Grech ED. Pronounced increase in risk of acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction in younger smokers. (Accompanied by leading editorial and press release). Heart. 2017;103:586-91.
- Steele L, Lloyd A, Fotheringham J, Sultan A, Iqbal J, Grech ED. A retrospective cohort study of the association between smoking and mortality after acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Postgrad Med J 2017;93:489-93.
- Gosai JN, Charalampidis P, Nikolaidou T, Parviz Y, Morris PD, Channer KS, Jones TH, Grech ED. Revascularization with percutaneous coronary intervention does not affect androgen status in males with chronic stable angina pectoris. Andrology 2016;4:486-91.
- Steele L, Lloyd A, Fotheringham J, Sultan A, Iqbal J, Grech ED. A retrospective cross-sectional study on the association between tobacco smoking and incidence of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction and cardiovascular risk factors. Postgrad Med J 2015;91:492-6.
- Parviz Y, Gul H, Smith S, Grech ED. Calculating the overall risk of within-stent restenosis after multi-lesion percutaneous coronary intervention. Advances in Interventional Cardiology 2013;2(32):170-1.
- Palmer J, Lloyd A, Steele L, Fotheringham J, Teare D, Iqbal J, Grech ED. Increased risk of acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction in female smokers: a contemporary demographic study. (In preparation)