Terms & Conditions - Merit Postgraduate Taught Scholarships (50%) 2017
Each scholarship is worth 50% of the Postrgraduate yearly tuition fee for each year of study. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- hold an offer for a postgraduate taught masters degree programme by 16 June 2017 in any department for entry in September 2017 (to study at the University of Sheffield),
- be self-funding and classed as 'Overseas' for fee purposes AND
- be a national of, or domiciled in, one of the eligible countries / territories.
- pay any necessary tuition fee deposit by the date instructed by the Admissions Service
If you are unsure if there is an award for your nationality/domicile please check your country page.
Terms and conditions
- The scholarship is worth 50% of the postgraduate tuition fee, before any other scholarships or discounts are applied.
- A scholarship will only be awarded subject to meeting any conditions attached to an offer to study at the University in September 2017.
- The scholarship is for each year of your postgraduate taught study programme, in most cases this will be the duration of the masters course. For masters programmes that exceed more than one academic year to complete the 50% scholarship will also be applied to subsequent years, subject to successful completion of the previous academic year. This applies for all courses except medical and dentistry masters, whereby the 50% scholarship can only be applied to the first year of study only and any intergrated Masters/New route PhD programmes, whereby the 50% discount will only be applied to the taught masters element of the programme.
- The scholarship will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only
- The Merit Postgraduate Scholarships can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield International Scholarships, excluding other international postgraduate merit scholarships, Santander Postgraduate Scholarships, or NCKU scholarships, and as long as the sum of sponsorship does not match or exceed the original course tuition fee.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with external scholarships as long as the sum of sponsorship, from a combination of internal and/or external sources, does not match or exceed the original course tuition fee.
- Only one postgraduate merit scholarship can be awarded to an individual. Candidates eligible for multiple country awards will not be able to accept more than one merit scholarship.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of the scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of the course
- Distance Learning students are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Candidates studying PGCert or PGDip qualifications are not eligible
All decisions by the University of Sheffield are taken in good faith and based on the information that you provide in your scholarship application form. If we discover that you have made a false statement or fail to provide significant and relevant information we are entitled to withdraw your scholarship application and your study place. In accordance with data protection regulations the information contained in this application is solely for the purposes of processing your scholarship application.