Joint Supervision Programme
The University of Sheffield currently operates a Joint Supervision Programme with a number of universities in Saudi Arabia. This scheme is designed for universities who wish to sponsor their employees to study for a Sheffield PhD and allows students to be based in Saudi Arabia. Students must be able to visit the University of Sheffield for short study periods.
- The scheme is ONLY open to staff members from universities with which we have an agreement.
- Students MUST have a primary supervisor at the University of Sheffield AND a local supervisor from their sponsoring University.
- The primary supervisor will visit the sponsoring University at least once a year.
- If the studies are done on a full time basis the duration will typically be three years (with two months per year spent in Sheffield).
- If the studies are done on a part time basis the duration will typically be six years (with one month per year spent in Sheffield).
Candidates must meet the entry requirements for PhD level study at the University of Sheffield. We will typically look for a good bachelor's degree, a good master's degree, two academic references, proof of English ability and a research proposal developed in co-operation with the two supervisors.
Applications must be made by the 30th March each year and the first step is to approach the Joint Supervision Coordinator at your local University in Saudi Arabia. After registering with your University JSP scheme, you can use the Find a Supervisor tool to identify a suitable primary supervisor at the University of Sheffield.
If you are a student wanting to find out more information about the programme please contact our admissions team on email@example.com.
If you represent a University wanting to set up a joint supervision agreement between your institution and the University of Sheffield please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.