International Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2019
We are pleased to offer the International Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2019 to international (non-EU) students joining the University from selected regions to study a taught masters programme in September 2019.
- The International Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2019 is worth 10% of your tuition fee
- No additional scholarship application is required, if you meet the eligibility and award criteria below the scholarship will be applied as a tuition fee discount.
- You must accept your offer from the University of Sheffield before 16:00 (UK time) on 14 June 2019 to receive this award.
Eligibility and award criteria
- To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
|Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe||Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica,Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela|
|South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam||India|
- Your taught masters programme must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2019.
- You must accept your offer for your course before 16:00 (UK time) on 14 June 2019 to receive this award.
- Subject to meeting the eligibility and award criteria the International Postgraduate Taught Sheffield Scholarship
- 2019 will be awarded automatically – no application is required.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any of the following scholarships:
- International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship 2019
- NCUK Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship 2019
- NCUK Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2019
- The University of Sheffield Southern Africa Student Scholarship Fund 2019
- Santander International Merit Scholarship 2019
- Sir SY Chung Scholarship 2019
In the event that you are selected for any of the above scholarships the most valuable award will take precedence.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with any available scholarships from the Department or Faculty you will be studying in, subject to not becoming a sponsored student*. Please use the funding calculator to find out if any scholarships are available from your Department/Faculty.Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) and Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) courses are ineligible for the International Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2019.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funded and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must receive study a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Masters programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible for a scholarship.
- All Crossways courses and Erasmus Mundus courses are ineligible for an automatic scholarship.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any funding (full or partial) from an external sponsor**, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- The scholarship is for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarship
- Part-time students will receive the full-time equivalent of the scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of the Masters course, subject to all eligibility and award criteria.
- These scholarships are not applicable to any postgraduate courses where the higher clinical fee is applicable, this includes, but is not exclusive to the following courses:
|DClinDent Orthodontics||MClinDent in Orthodontics|
|DClinDent Endodontics||MClinDent in Paediatric Dentistry|
|DClinDent Periodontics||MMedSci in Diagnostic Oral Pathology|
- If you are studying a 2-year Masters programme the scholarship will be available in the second year of your studies subject to successful completion of year 1.
- The scholarship is not applicable to any years in industry or study abroad years that are compulsory or optional elements of your course.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred to a future year of entry. If you decide to defer entry to another year you forfeit this award.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes so are eligible for this scholarship.
* A sponsored student is defined as being an individual in receipt of a total sum of funds from either the University or an external organisation** that matches or exceeds the original tuition fee required by the University.
** Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.