Postgraduate Taught Sheffield Scholarships 2017
We are pleased to offer the following scholarships to international students starting a taught masters programme in September 2017:
- £2,000 if your tuition fees are between £16,000 and £18,000
- £2,500 if your tuition fees are £18,001 and upwards
If you are a student on MSc Global Marketing Management, your scholarship will be £1,250.
Eligibility and award criteria
To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
|East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius||Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Mexico, Paraguay, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela|
|South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam||Azerbaijan|
|South Korea||Sri Lanka|
- You must have applied and hold an offer for a study place and begin your postgraduate taught masters programme at the University of Sheffield in September 2017.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- These scholarships exclude postgraduate courses in Clinical Dentistry where the higher clinical fee is applicable.
- Overseas students registered on partnership programmes will only be eligible for a proportionate amount of scholarship reflecting the percentage of the programme studied at and percentage of the tuition fees paid to the University of Sheffield, e.g. studying a 50:50 course with the University of Sheffield and another institution where the fees paid to the University of Sheffield are £8000, a scholarship will be applied which represents 50% of the full scholarship amount.
* Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.