International Undergraduate Scholarship 2019
We are pleased to offer the International Undergraduate Scholarship 2019 to new international (non-EU) students starting their undergraduate studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2019.
- The International Undergraduate Scholarship 2019 is worth 10% of your tuition fee and is offered in each following academic year subject to sustained academic success, please see below for more details.
- No additional scholarship application is required. If you meet the eligibility and award criteria below the scholarship will be applied as a tuition fee discount.
- You must choose the University of Sheffield as your firm or insurance choice before 16:00 (UK time) on 14 June 2019 to receive this award.
Eligibility and award criteria:
- You must commence your studies of an undergraduate degree at the University of Sheffield in September 2019. All undergraduate degree courses are included except for Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- You must choose the University of Sheffield as your firm or insurance choice before 16:00 (UK time) on 14 June 2019.
- The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no scholarship application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- Subject to meeting the eligibility and award criteria the scholarship will be guaranteed in the first year of study.
The scholarship is applicable to each subsequent academic year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year. The scholarship is not applicable to any compulsory or optional years in industry, work placements or year abroad.
- You must enter a degree programme at the University of Sheffield in year 1. If you are entering in year 2, you would be eligible for this scholarship, providing you are not receiving a scholarship/award as part of a collaborative programme with your home institution.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any of the following scholarships:
- International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2019
- International Baccalaureate Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2019
- GEMS International Merit Scholarship 2019
- NCUK Undergraduate Scholarship 2019
- NCUK Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2019
In the event that you are selected for any of the above scholarships the most valuable award will take precedence.
- The scholarship can be awarded in-conjunction with any available scholarships from the Department or Faculty you will be studying in, subject to not becoming a sponsored student*. Please use the funding calculator to find out if any scholarships are available from your Department/Faculty.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in-conjunction with any funding (full or partial) from an external sponsor**, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- The scholarship will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funded and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for a scholarship.
- Part-time students will receive the equivalent value of the scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of a single full-time academic year.
- This scholarship is not available to students on the BA Business Management Joint Programme with SBC (course code MGTU36).
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for this or any undergraduate scholarships.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred to a future year of entry. If you decide to defer entry to another year you forfeit this award.
* A sponsored student is defined as being an individual in receipt of a total sum of funds from either the University or an external organisation** that matches or exceeds the original tuition fee required by the University.
** Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.