Research Mobility Programme
**Please note that due to the evolving situation with COVID-19 we will not be accepting further applications for this scheme until further notice**
The Research Mobility Programme (RMP) offers funding for the academic community to visit international WUN partners to establish and cultivate research links. The University allocates £10-15k per annum for the RMP in order to fund short term visits lasting between two weeks and three months, with a maximum £2,500 budget each.
Benefits of the RMP
The RMP provides a great opportunity to:
- Advance your research by accessing research groups with expertise, rare facilities and data sets;
- Widen the scope of research by establishing new and deepening existing links with your global peers;
- Gain experience of new cultures by emerging yourself with new research environments;
- Further your career development by strengthening your international profile.
RMP assessment criteria
The mobility proposal must demonstrate:
- Research excellence (host, supervision/training, applicant)
- Benefit to applicant’s career development
- Sustainability and mutual benefits
- Strategic relevance (department and faculty)
- Cost effectiveness
Priority will be given to applicants visiting the following institutions: Renmin University of China, The University of Alberta, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil), The University of Ghana and Tec de Monterrey (Mexico)
Priority will be given to well-defined proposals which demonstrate a clear benefit to the applicant, department, faculty and the University.
Applicants should indicate how their department will contribute towards the proposed visit and should demonstrate how the collaboration will be sustained following the visit.
RMP Application process
- Application deadline: Friday 25 October 2019
- Decisions are made by the WUN Steering Committee and results announced before Christmas.
- Successful awardees are required to submit a post-visit report within one month of return.
For guidelines, application forms and other relevant documents, please see the downloads menu.