Full contact details
Regent Court (IS)
I have a Master of Science degree in Information Systems from DREXEL University in the United States. Prior to that, I have obtained a Bachelor degree in Computer Science from Umm Al Qura University (UQU) in Saudi Arabia. I am a lecturer in the Information Systems department at UQU where I have taught undergraduate students introductory courses such as Object-Oriented Programming, Introduction to Database Systems, Advanced Programming.
Title: "Mapping and Aligning Large Knowledge Graphs."
My research is in the area of the Semantic Web which focuses on making web data readable by different computer application. In the last decade the amount of information shared throughout the web have been growing continuously. This has resulted in a remarkable number of web mining applications and many Knowledge Graphs have been publicly available. The problem is that these knowledge graphs often have complementary information. Moreover, the same data is being shared using different names. While human have the ability to discover semantic similarity between different words, computers need to be trained to do such as task. Therefore, I am experimenting with a combination of Information Retrieval and Machine Learning techniques to develop a matching method to map knowledge graphs’ schema. These techniques can be used to facilitate data integration across different sectors.
Knowledge Graphs, Semantic Web, Data Integration, Ontology Matching
Funding and awards
- Scholarship from The Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau (SACB) to study my Masters in The USA (2014)
- Dean’s Fellowship Award from Drexel University (2015)
- Scholarship from The Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau (SACB) to study my PhD in The UK (2018)
- Challenges of linking organizational information in open government data to knowledge graphs (pp. 271--286). Springer
Conference proceedings papers
- View this article in WRRO A hybrid approach for large knowledge graphs matching. Proceedings of the 16th International Workshop on Ontology Matching (OM 2021). Virtual Conference, 25 October 2021 - 25 October 2021.
- Results of the Ontology Alignment Evaluation Initiative 2021. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol. 3063 (pp 62-108)
- KGMatcher Results for OAEI 2021. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol. 3063 (pp 160-166)
- View this article in WRRO A gold standard dataset for large knowledge graphs matching. Ontology Matching 2020 : Proceedings of the 15th International Workshop on Ontology Matching co-located with the 19th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2020), Vol. 2788 (pp 24-35). Virtual conference, 2 November 2020 - 2 November 2020.