Full contact details
Michael Lynch Laboratory (RC-323)
Regent Court (IS)
Yuhua completed her undergraduate studies in China and in Germany, at Soochow University and HFU respectively, after which she worked in the banking sector for 3 years.
Prior to joining the University of Sheffield, Yuhua studied at UCL for MSc Technology Management (achieved Distinction) and became a certified Project Management Associate (IPMA Level D).
Title: Developing a better understanding of the factors that influence digital inclusion for active and healthy ageing among older people.
This research will take place in a leading digital inclusion organization that locates in Sheffield.
Based on findings from an extensive literature review of digital divide/inclusion, this research is organized into two stages, with the first stage being quantitative, where statistical analysis and participatory observation are adopted to analyze learner and progression survey data, and the second being qualitative, where semi-structured interviews will be conducted with older people.
This research is expected to make theoretical and practical contributions by developing a framework that adapts and extends existing models on digital divide, and yielding insights on how to improve older people’s quality of life with digital.
- Older people
- Active and healthy ageing
- Successful ageing
- Digital inclusion/ digital divide
- ICT innovation
- Smart/sustainable/resilient city
- Systems thinking
Funding and awards
- ASIS&T Bursary Award for Annual Lecture 2016
- Faculty of Social Science Doctoral Academy Award
- Department Prize for Special Contribution at University College London
- The APM Project Fundamentals & Management Qualifications (IPMA Level D: Certified Project Management Associate)