Marketing & Recruitment Officer
Full contact details
Regent Court (IS)
I joined the Information School in 2022 after five years leading the communications activity for MAPP, a University of Sheffield led research collaboration with several other leading universities.
Prior to joining the University of Sheffield, I worked in senior public relations and marketing roles at Doncaster Council and Humberside Police and as a journalist at the Hull Daily Mail and the Derbyshire Times Group.
At the Information School, I develop, plan and coordinate marketing and recruitment activities, including developing annual action plans for marketing, recruitment and publicity, based on the academic calendar.
My main responsibilities include:
- Being the first point of contact for all internal and external marketing and publicity activities.
- Working with academic colleagues and Professional Services staff to identify key areas for recruitment related activities, and carrying out targeted campaigns using a range of approaches.
- Working with the Student Experience Officer, Marketing & Admissions Assistant and other Professional Services and academic colleagues to oversee applicant days and open days.
- Co-ordinating and contributing to the development of high quality marketing, publicity and research dissemination materials.
- Working with academic colleagues to raise the research profile of the department, promoting research excellence and demonstrating research impact.
- Marketing Committee