Marketing & Admissions Assistant
+44 114 222 2646
Full contact details
Regent Court (IS)
Having graduated from the University of Sheffield in 2014 with a BA in English Language and Linguistics, I worked in the Taught Programmes Office in Student Services as part of the graduate intern scheme from December 2014. During my internship, I redeveloped the staff exams webpages. My contract was then repeatedly extended in TPO and I became a Faculty Support Assistant for the School of Law.
I started this role in the Information School in April 2016.
I work closely with the Marketing and External Relations Officer on the development and overseeing of online and print marketing materials and strategies as well as open days and other events. I also process applications for the department in conjunction with the central Admissions team and our academic staff.
My main responsibilities are:
- Overseeing and writing content for the School's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, blog).
- Writing and editing copy for printed marketing materials (prospecti, course flyers, external advertisements, 'Inform' research magazine), and arranging their printing and design.
- Arranging and creating image and video content for marketing the School.
- Updating and developing our University web pages.
- Processing applications to our taught postgraduate courses, including liaising with prospective students as well as our academics and the central admissions team.
- Assisting with the planning and running of open days and other events at the School.
- Managing our Postgraduate student ambassadors.
- Fielding queries from enquirers, applicants, students and staff via email, phone and in person.
- Marketing Committee (Secretary)