We have three research labs on site with workspace for over 80 researchers and a dedicated IT support team available to assist with technical queries and requests.
We also have a number of other newly-refurbished spaces which are available to all our researchers:
The iSpace is an open plan, social learning area for use by students and staff. It has display facilities, open-access PCs, comfortable seating, and bookable partitioned group work areas and can be used for individual or group work or for simply relaxing in between classes.
The Tom Wilson collaboratory is a large computer laboratory that can be used for more formal teaching and learning and can be arranged flexibly with desktop machines and open space for groupwork and the use of mobile devices (laptops and tablets etc). The facilities include two Sympodium lectern stations at opposite ends of the room and 6 large format displays for all round visability.
Other facilities in the School include:
- A dedicated lecture room on site
- Wi-fi internet access throughout the School for students who wish to connect via their own devices
- A team of technicians who provide dedicated support for the School's technology and are on hand to assist with technical problems and advice
- A range of up-to-date software packages for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, web design
- More specialised software as required
For information on University campus facilities visit: University facilities