Professor Peter Bath
Professor of Health Informatics, Head of School
BSc (Technical) (University of Wales), MSc (Sheffield), PhD (Sheffield)
The following is a selection of recent publications. A full list can be found here.
- Ahmed W, Fayoyin O & Bath PA (2018) Physical activity and long-term survival in older men and women: A 21 year longitudinal study. Activities, Adaptation and Aging. View this article in WRRO
- Huang Z, Ge Z, Dong W, He K, Duan H & Bath P (2018) Relational regularized risk prediction of acute coronary syndrome using electronic health records. Information Sciences, 465, 118-129. View this article in WRRO
- Hargreaves S, Bath P, Duffin S & Ellis J (2018) Sharing and empathy in digital spaces: qualitative study of online health forums for breast cancer and motor neuron disease. (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis). Journal of Medical Internet Research, 20(6). View this article in WRRO
- Pinfield S, Salter J & Bath P (2017) A ‘gold-centric’ implementation of open access: Hybrid journals, the ‘total cost of publication’ and policy development in the UK and beyond. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 68(9), 2248-2263. View this article in WRRO
- Lovatt M, Bath PA & Ellis J (2017) Development of Trust in an Online Breast Cancer Forum: A Qualitative Study. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 19(5). View this article in WRRO
- Harland J, Bath PA, Wainwright A & Seymour J (2017) Making sense of dementia: A phenomenographic study of the information behaviours of people diagnosed with dementia. Aslib Journal of Information Management, 69(3), 261-277. View this article in WRRO
- Pinfield S, Salter J & Bath PA (2016) The “total cost of publication” in a hybrid open-access environment: Institutional approaches to funding journal article-processing charges in combination with subscriptions. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 67(7), 1751-1766. View this article in WRRO
- Stevenson JE, Israelsson J, Nilsson GC, Petersson GI & Bath PA (2016) Recording signs of deterioration in acute patients: The documentation of vital signs within electronic health records in patients who suffered in-hospital cardiac arrest.. Health Informatics J, 22(1), 21-33.
- Huang Z, Dong W, Bath PA, Ji L & Duan H (2015) On mining latent treatment patterns from electronic medical records. Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, 29(4), 914-949. View this article in WRRO
- Hirvonen N, Enwald H, Bath PA, Pyky R, Korpelainen R & Huotari M-L (2015) Individual Factors Affecting Preferences for Feedback Message Tactics in the Contexts of Physical Activity. Journal of Health Communication, 20(2), 1-10.
- Pinfield S, Salter J, Bath P, Hubbard B, Millington P, Anders JHS & Hussain A (2014) Open-access repositories worldwide, 2005-2012: Past growth, current characteristics, and future possibilities. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 65(12), 2404-2421. View this article in WRRO
- Hutchinson A, Coster JE, Cooper KL, Pearson M, McIntosh A & Bath PA (2013) A structured judgement method to enhance mortality case note review: development and evaluation.. BMJ Quality & Safety, 22(12), 1032-1040. View this article in WRRO
- Carrington L, Bath PA, Hughes P, Ahmed N & Noble B (2013) Information management and quality of palliative care in general practices: Secondary analysis of a UK study. Journal of Information Science, 39(1), 126-140. View this article in WRRO
- Surman R & Bath PA (2013) An assessment of the quality of information on stroke and speech and language difficulty web sites. Journal of Information Science, 39(1), 113-125. View this article in WRRO
- Ayatollahi H, Bath PA, Goodacre S, Lo SY, Draegebo M & Khan FA (2013) What factors influence emergency department staff attitudes towards using information technology?. Emergency Medicine Journal, 30(4), 303-307.
- Hsu WC, Bath PA, Large S & Williams S (2013) The association of geographical location and neighbourhood deprivation with older people's use of NHS direct: A population-based study. Age and Ageing, 42(1), 57-62.
- Hsu WC, Bath PA, Large S & Williams S (2011) Older people's use of NHS Direct. Age and Ageing, 40(3), 335-340. View this article in WRRO
- MacDonald J, Bath P & Booth A (2011) Information overload and information poverty: Challenges for healthcare services managers?. Journal of Documentation, 67(2), 238-263. View this article in WRRO
- Pecchia L, Bath PA, Pendleton N & Bracale M (2011) Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) for examining healthcare professionals' assessments of risk factors: The relative importance of risk factors for falls in community-dwelling older people. Methods of Information in Medicine, 50(5), 435-444.
- Cooper R, Kuh D, Hardy R & Bath PA (2010) Objectively measured physical capability levels and mortality: a systematic review and
meta-analysis.. BMJ: British Medical Journal, 341. View this article in WRRO
- Hutchinson A, Coster JE, Cooper KL, McIntosh A, Walters SJ, Bath PA, Pearson M, Young TA, Rantell K, Campbell MJ & Ratcliffe J (2010) Comparison of case note review methods for evaluating quality and safety in health care. Health Technology Assessment, 14(10), 1-170. View this article in WRRO
- Hughes PM, Bath PA, Ahmed N & Noble B (2010) What progress has been made towards implementing national guidance on end of life care? A national survey of UK general practices. Palliative Medicine, 24(1), 68-78.
- Ayatollahi H, Bath PA & Goodacre S (2009) Accessibility versus confidentiality of information in the emergency department. Emergency Medicine Journal, 26(12), 857-860. View this article in WRRO
- Arnold J, Goodacre S, Bath P & Price J (2009) Information sheets for patients with acute chest pain: Randomised controlled trial. BMJ (Online), 338(7696).
- Guillaume L & Bath PA (2008) A content analysis of mass media sources in relation to the MMR vaccine scare. Health Informatics Journal, 14(4), 323-334. View this article in WRRO
- Bath PA (2008) Health informatics: Current issues and challenges. Journal of Information Science, 34(4), 501-518. View this article in WRRO
- Harland JA & Bath PA (2008) Understanding the information behaviours of carers of people with dementia: A critical review of models from information science. Aging and Mental Health, 12(4), 467-477. View this article in WRRO