Dr Briony Birdi (née Train)
Senior Lecturer in Librarianship
BA (Hull), MA (Sheffield), PhD (Sheffield), MCLIP
- AHRC (Arts & Humanities Research Council) Peer Review College (2010-12).
- CILIP Ethics Committee member (2016-).
- CILIP Workforce Mapping Project Board member (2013-15).
- CILIP Library & Information Update Editorial Board academic representative (2009-2013).
- CILIP Community, Diversity and Equality Group committee member (2007-).
- CILIP Public Library Journal editorial board member (and Chair), (2005-2009).
- CILIP Chartered Member (2004-).
- Associate Editor, (2008-2012), Editorial Board member (2012-), Global Knowledge, Memory and Communication (formerly Library Review)
- 'Editorial board member, International Journal of Information, Diversity, & Inclusion (IJIDI) (2018-).
- Editorial board member, New Review of Children's Literature and Librarianship (2004-).
- Editorial board member, Public Library Quarterly (2016-).
- External Examiner, University of Strathclyde (2007-8), Liverpool John Moores University (2008-2011), University of Ulster (2017-).
- IFLA Literacy & Reading Section Standing Committee Member and Information Officer (2002-10).
- QAA (Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education) Benchmark Advisory Group member (2014-15).
- SINTO Social Exclusion Group committee member (2007-2009).
- My research and commentary on UK public libraries has been reported by a number of media outlets, including BBC News Online, BBC Radio 4, the Independent, BuzzFeed, US journal Public Libraries Online. I have also written for The Conversation.