Dr Andrew M. Cox
BA (Open), MA (TVU), MSc (UWA), MA (Open), MEd (Sheffield), PhD (Loughborough)
- I was on the national committee of a Chartered Institute Library Information Professionals (CILIP) special interest group, Multimedia and Information Technology (MmIT) for a number of years, being closely involved in organisation of its successful annual national conferences (in Sheffield in 2012 and 2013) and other events on specific topics such as content management and ebooks.
- I am a co-editor of Online Information Review. I am on the editorial board of Information Research.
- I have reviewed for journals such as Program, Information Research, Journal of Documentation, Journal of Information Science, Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, Journal of Library and Information Science, Higher Education and for numerous academic conferences, including the Association of Internet Researchers, ASIS&T annual meeting and the iSchool iconference.
- I have been external examiner for PhDs at Loughborough, MMU, York, Wolverhampton and UCL in the UK and Lund in Sweden and for an MPhil at Aberystwyth.
- I have written book reviews for Program and Journal of the American Society of Information Science and Technology.
- I was an invited keynote speaker at the Special Library Association (Gulf chapter) conference, Bahrain, April 2012 and at the European Library Automation Group Conference, Helsinki, 9-11 June 2010.
- I am a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- I received CILIP Fellowship in 2013.