I joined the school in 1993 on a 3-year YTS scheme. On completion of the YTS scheme I was offered a full-time contract in 1996 as the school’s Computer Technician. Whilst in this post I undertook part-time degrees which were the BSc in Computing and Management Sciences and then an MSc in Information Systems Security at Sheffield Hallam University whilst in this post. In 2007 I was promoted to the role of ICT Manager.
Research Interests - Social Media as a learning tool in Higher Education.
PhD Candidate - I am also a PhD Candidate in the School and the title of my PhD is "Social Media as a tool to enhance Higher Education learning and teaching experiences".
- P.Fenn, P.Reilly (2019) Exploring the impact of institutional policies on the use of Social Media in UK HE teaching, 2018 Social Media for Learning in Higher Education Conference (Nottingham Trent University).
- P. Holdridge, P.Fenn (2018) A SCOPING STUDY INTO STUDENT PERCEPTIONS OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF PEDAGOGICAL APPROACHES THAT IMPLEMENT TECHNOLOGY ENHANCED LEARNING AND THEIR IMPACT ON THE STUDENT LEARNING EXPERIENCE, ICERI2018 Proceedings, pp. 10205-10211 (Sevilla).
- P.Holdridge, P.Fenn (2018) Using virtual classroom technology to bring together distance and face-to-face students. TELFest 2018, University of Sheffield.
Conference Session Chair
- iCERi2018 (Seville), Chair of Technology Enhanced Learning (2) session, November 2018
- TELFest 2018, Chair of case studies Session, June 2018.
- Member of iCERi2019 Advisory Board (iated.org/iceri/) (2019-)