The following is a selection of recent publications. A full list can be found here.
- Smart Information Systems: Computational Intelligence for Real-Life Applications. Springer Verlag.
Conference proceedings papers
- A Test Collection for Interactive Lifelog Retrieval. MultiMedia Modeling, Vol. 11295 (pp 312-324), 8 January 2019 - 11 January 2019. View this article in WRRO
- CLEF 2017 NewsREEL Overview: A Stream-Based Recommender Task for Evaluation and Education. Experimental IR Meets Multilinguality, Multimodality, and Interaction (pp 239-254), 11 September 2017 - 14 September 2017. View this article in WRRO
- Interactive Search in Video & Lifelogging Repositories. Proceedings of the 2017 Conference on Conference Human Information Interaction and Retrieval (pp 421-423), 7 March 2017 - 11 March 2017. View this article in WRRO
- Countering Contextual Bias in TV Watching Behavior. Proceedings of the 2017 ACM International Conference on Interactive Experiences for TV and Online Video - TVX '17, 14 June 2017 - 16 June 2017.
- A Stream-based Resource for Multi-Dimensional Evaluation of Recommender Algorithms. Proceedings of the 40th International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval
- Overview of NewsREEL’16: Multi-dimensional evaluation of real-time stream-recommendation algorithms. Experimental IR Meets Multilinguality, Multimodality, and Interaction, Vol. 9822 (pp 311-331). Évora, Portugal, 5 September 2016 - 8 September 2016. View this article in WRRO
- NTCIR Lifelog. Proceedings of the 39th International ACM SIGIR conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval - SIGIR '16, 17 July 2016 - 21 July 2016.
- Challenges in Machine Learning: Gaming and Education, NIPS 2016 Workshop, Barcelona, Spain
The Potentials of Recommender Systems Challenges for Student Learning.
- Algorithms Aside. Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems
- CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol. 1688
Idomaar: A framework for multi-dimensional benchmarking of recommender algorithms.
- CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol. 1642 (pp 2-6)
Increasing engagement with the library via gamification.
- Interactive Video Search. Proceedings of the 23rd ACM international conference on Multimedia - MM '15, 26 October 2015 - 30 October 2015.
- Real-time recommendation of streamed data. RecSys 2015 - Proceedings of the 9th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (pp 361-362)
- Lifelong Digital Libraries. Proceedings of the 15th ACM/IEEE-CE on Joint Conference on Digital Libraries - JCDL '15, 21 June 2015 - 25 June 2015.
- Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on New Trends on Content-Based Recommender Systems co-located with 9th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2015), Vienna, Austria, September 16-20, 2015. (pp 1-1)
Keynote: Capturing User Interests for Content-based Recommendations.
- Join the Living Lab: Evaluating News Recommendations in Real-Time (pp 826-829)
- Stream-Based Recommendations: Online and Offline Evaluation as a Service (pp 497-517)
- Understanding Affective Content of Music Videos through Learned Representations (pp 303-314)
- Audio-Visual Classification Video Browser (pp 398-401)
- Benchmarking News Recommendations in a Living Lab (pp 250-267)
- DAIKnow: A Gamified Enterprise Bookmarking System (pp 759-762)
- Shedding light on a living lab. Proceedings of the 5th Information Interaction in Context Symposium on - IIiX '14, 26 August 2014 - 30 August 2014.
- Users' reading habits in online news portals. Proceedings of the 5th Information Interaction in Context Symposium on - IIiX '14, 26 August 2014 - 30 August 2014.
- 13th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, AAMAS 2014, Vol. 2 (pp 1623-1624)
Distributed enterprise search using software agents.
- The plista dataset. Proceedings of the 2013 International News Recommender Systems Workshop and Challenge on - NRS '13, 13 October 2013 - 13 October 2013.
- Violence detection in hollywood movies by the fusion of visual and mid-level audio cues. Proceedings of the 21st ACM international conference on Multimedia - MM '13, 21 October 2013 - 25 October 2013.
- Online Proceedings of the Fourteenth NTCIR conference (NTCIR-14). View this article in WRRO
Overview of the NTCIR-14 Lifelog-3 Task.
- CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2283. View this article in WRRO
NewsREEL multimedia at MediaEval 2018: News recommendation with image and text content.
- Proceedings of the 13th NTCIR Conference on Evaluation of Information Access Technologies, Tokyo, Japan.
Overview of NTCIR-13 Lifelog-2 Task.
- CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 1866.
CLEF 2017 NewsREEL overview: Offline and online evaluation of stream-based news recommender systems.
- Proceedings of the 12th NTCIR Conference on Evaluation of Information Access Technologies, National Center of Sciences, Tokyo, Japan, June 7-10, 2016.
Overview of NTCIR-12 Lifelog Task.