Professor Stephen Pinfield
Professor of Information Services Management
- Member of the European University Association Expert Group on Open Science (2015-).
- Member of the F1000Research Advisory Board (2014- ).
- Member of the New Review of Academic Librarianship Editorial Board (2013- ).
- External Adviser to the Centre for Research Communications, University of Nottingham (2012- ); Director (2007-2012).
- External Member of the Research Communication Group, Loughborough University (2013- ).
- Member of the Kudos company Advisory Board (2013- ).
- Consultancy for various public-sector and commercial organisations on scholarly communication and data management (2013- ).
- Visiting Scholar, Downing College Cambridge (2017).
- Member of the Russell Group Open Data Roadmap Group (2013-2015).
- Member of the SCONUL (Society of College, National and University Libraries) Academic Content and Communications Advisory Panel (2013-14).
- Member of the Think Tank of the European Network for co-ordination of Policies and Programmes on e-Infrastructures (e-Infranet) (2012-2013).
- Company Director of EMMAN (East Midlands Metropolitan Area Network) Ltd (2007-2012); Chair of the Board (2011-2012).
- Member of the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills Working Group on Expanding Access (‘Finch Review’) subgroup for open-access publishing (2012).
- Chair of the Advisory Board for the Centre for International ePortfolio Development, University of Nottingham (2011-2012).
- Member of the JANET6 next-generation academic network Development Advisory Board (2011-2012).
- University of Nottingham representative for Russell Group IT Directors (RUGIT) Group, Research Libraries UK (RLUK), Society of College, National and University Libraries (SCONUL) (2007-2012).
- Director of the UK Repositories Support Project (2007-2012).
- Director of SHERPA (Securing a Hybrid Environment for Research Preservation and Access) and SHERPA services (2002-2012).
- Member of the JISC Advisory Group reviewing the UK National Data Centres (2010-2011).
- Member of the JISC Infrastructure and Resources Committee (2009-2011).
- Member of the Steering Group and Project Management Board of the UK Research Data Service feasibility study project (2007-2010).
- Deputy Chair and Member JISC Scholarly Communications Group (2006-2010).
- Chair of the Member of the MERIT Project (disseminating RAE outputs) Steering Group (2008-2009).
- Member of the HEFCE (Higher Education Funding Council for England) REF (Research Excellence Framework) Advisory Group on Bibliometrics (2008-2009).
- Member of the Joint RLUK/SCONUL Scholarly Communications Group (2002-2009); Chair (2004-2008).
- Member of the RCUK Expert Panel for the study of RCUK policy on open access to research outputs (2007-2008).
- Member and UK representative on the European University Association Working Group on Open Access (2007-2008).
- Member of the DRIVER project (EU-funded project developing a European repository infrastructure) Steering Group (2006-2008).
- Director of Intute: Health and Life Sciences web service (2002-2007).
- Member of the Lincoln Cathedral Library Council (2002-2006).
- Member of the Facet Publishing Advisory Committee (2002-2005).
- Director of SHERPA DP (Securing a Hybrid Environment for Research Preservation and access – digital preservation) project (2003-2005).
- Member of the CC Interop project (JISC-funded national R&D project on search and retrieval) Steering Committee (2001-2003).
- Member of the Program journal Editorial Board Member (2000-2002).
- Consultant for JISC and part-time eLib Programme Manager (2000-2001).