Research and Finance Manager
- With the Director of Research, develop the School’s research profile both within and outside of the university.
- Take a proactive approach to identifying research opportunities and opportunities for research collaboration.
- Advise in the preparation and submission of research proposals, including contributing to costing and writing, ensuring that funding body requirements are met, and that costings use Transparen Approach to Costing (TRAC) and (Full Economic Cost) FEC principles as appropriate.
- Provide support to the REF Coordinator and coordinate the provision of data for the School’s REF submission.
- Member of and Secretary to the Research Committee, providing support to the Chair to ensure issues are raised and actions identified and implemented.
- Report and monitor research project budgets and expenditure, and ensuring that project reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide a professional support service in relation to Impact/Knowledge Exchange activities, supporting public engagement and Research Impact.
- Work with the School’s Marketing Officer on the promotion of the School’s research activities and facilities.
- Capturing data related to the research undertaken in the School, through MyPublications and departmental databases.
- With School Manager, undertake financial management of all the department’s core and external accounts.
- Analyse uBase reports to monitor budget, highlighting any problem areas to School Manager and/or budget holders and ensuring expenditure is accurately coded and allocated.
- Work proactively to streamline financial processes and systems in the School, working to rationalise budgets and simplify systems wherever possible to ensure ease of operation, and transparency for audit purposes.