My main responsibilities are to:
- Carry out purchasing and invoicing activities within the School (raising requisitions, purchase orders and internal trade orders and dealing with suppliers).
- Administer the purchase of general items for the School e.g. office furniture, ad hoc catering, supplies for events etc.
- Check, code and process departmental purchasing card statements in a timely manner. Includes checking transaction details against receipts, providing travel/hospitality details, and entering the information in the Barclaycard system. Liaison with cardholders regarding queries and maintaining accurate records.
- Respond to queries in a timely manner, providing accurate information and advice to colleagues relating to the online expenses process in compliance with the School’s policies and procedures and the University’s Financial Regulations.
- Process staff expenses and non-staff claims within the set deadlines following the School and University approval procedures, and ensuring all necessary paperwork is supplied and claims are within the University’s Financial Regulations. Liaising with individual claimants, as required.
- Process miscellaneous financial transactions (cash advances, paying in cheques etc.)
- Deal with queries and updating records relating to expenditure and account balances, including core budgets, external and research accounts.
- Reconcile and monitor expenditure on core budgets, external and research accounts to ensure they remain within the constraints of the set budgets and provide updated reviews to budget holders.
- Provide support to the Research and Finance Manager in the forecasting, budget setting and year end processes as required.
- Monitor and report on internal funding schemes as well as undertake the responsibility for processing internal forms related to the School’s Academic Research Funding and PGR Student’s Research, Training and Support Grants.
- Assist the Research and Finance Manager in completing the annual Department Health Check and support on other audits as required.
- Maintaining financial processes for the department, ensuring these are fit for purpose, meet School and University requirements and comply with internal and external scrutiny and audit.
- Produce and maintain written documentation detailing processes and procedures for the Staff Handbook and related to own role, to enable cover in absence.
- With supervision ensure compliance with the University Financial Regulations and audit requirements.
- Provide cover for elements of work undertaken by PSS colleagues during absence, and work cohesively with the wider Professional Services team to ensure cover is provided in key operational areas in the event of absence.