BA (Kent at Canterbury), Dip Lib (London Metropolitan University), FCLIP, FHEA
I have engaged professionally at the national and international level (I reflected on 28 years of professional engagement at http://sheilawebbercpd23.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/thing-7-28-years-of-real-life-networks.html), in particular serving on numerous committee for the Institute of Information Scientists and the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP).
- Fellow of CILIP.
- Fellow of the UK’s Higher Education Academy.
- Member of the American Society for Information Science and Technology.
- Member of the International Federation of Librarian Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Information Literacy Special Interest Group Standing Committee.
- Awarded the Information World Review award for Professional Excellence in 1999.
- Since joining the iSchool in 2000 I have been invited to deliver keynotes, talks or workshops (mainly on information literacy) in 21 different countries, including Australia, Canada and Singapore.
- Co-manage two virtual information literacy journal clubs: a blog-post journal club at http://infolitjournalclub.blogspot.co.uk/ and a journal club that meets in the virtual world Second Life.