BA (Kent at Canterbury), Dip Lib (London Metropolitan University), FCLIP, FHEA
I have engaged professionally at the national and international level (I reflected on 28 years of professional engagement at http://sheilawebbercpd23.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/thing-7-28-years-of-real-life-networks.html), in particular serving on numerous committee for the Institute of Information Scientists and the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP).
- Honorary Fellow of CILIP.
- Fellow of the UK’s Higher Education Academy.
- Member of the American Society for Information Science and Technology.
- Interim Co-Chair of the European Chapter of UNESCO’s Global Alliance for Partnerships in Media and Information Literacy (2016-)
- Awarded the Jason Farradane Award for Information Science in 2015 and the Information World Review award for Professional Excellence in 1999.
- Since joining the iSchool in 2000 I have been invited to deliver keynotes, talks or workshops (mainly on information literacy) in 21 different countries, including Australia, Canada and Singapore.
- Member of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Information Literacy Special Interest Group Standing Committee (2009-2017).
- Member of the Committee of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Management and Marketing section (2001- 2009)
- Member of the Society of College, National and University Libraries Working Group on Information Literacy (2004-2010)
- Member of the committee of the CILIP Community Services Group Information Literacy Group (2004-2007)
- Corresponding member of the US National Forum on Information Literacy
- Member of the Recruitment and Retention Panel of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (2002-2007)
- Member of the Executive group on Information Literacy of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (2003-2004)
- Executive Committee Member of the European Bureau of Library, Information and Documentation Associations (EBLIDA) (1992-1997, Alternate Member 1999-2002) [Elected Office]
- Chair of Institute of Information Scientists (IIS) Scottish Branch Committee 1994-96 (Committee Member from 1992-1999) [Elected Office]
- Chair of the European Chapter of the American Society for Information Science (1999-2000 ) [Elected Office]
- Member, IIS Council (1988-1994) [Elected Office]
- Treasurer / Committee Member, Business Information Network (1990-1992)
- Member, Library Association Standing Committee on Business Information (1988-1992)
- IIS representative to the Scottish Library and Information Council (1994- 2000)
- Member of IIS Publications Committee (1985-1989, 1992-1998 )
- Member of IIS External Affairs Committee (1987- 1996)
- I have also been a Member or Officer on the management committees of the UK Online User Group and the City Information Group, and I chaired the IIS Marketing Coordination Group.