Dr Hui Yang
I research into a wide range of topics in Natural Language Processing (NLP), Text Mining, and Data Mining, in particular
- Information Extraction (IE): named entity recognition (NER) and relation extraction
- Information Retrieval (IR) and Web Search
- Clustering and classification for large-scale datasets (e.g., text, numeric data, and image)
- Machine-learning based predictive models
- Sentiment analysis and opinion mining on social media
I have collaborated with researchers from other disciplinary areas, and developed several intelligent information systems that make use of natural language processing techniques combined with machine learning, data mining, and artificial intelligence approaches for information processing, extraction, and management to support knowledge discovery in different domain areas such as Healthcare and Medical Informatics, Bioinformatics, Business Intelligence, and Social Media.