The LTSP service is available in the following locations
- The Diamond
- 9 Mappin Street - room G02
- Mappin Building - room E61
- Mappin Building - room F110
- Portobello Centre - room C28
- Pam Liversidge Building - Levels A & B
- The modular village
Accessing the LTSP service
In the Diamond
- Turn on or restart the computer
- When the Dell logo appears and you see "F12 Boot Options" in the top right of the screen press the F12 key.
- From the menu that appears press the down arrow key to highlight under the "UEFI BOOT" section the "Onboard NIC(IPV4)" option and press Enter.
- After a few seconds a blue boot choice menu screen will appear press the down arrow key to highlight "Diskless Linux v16.04" and press Enter. (You need to press the down arrow key within 5 seconds or the computer will reboot.)
- The computer will now start booting the LTSP service and you will shortly be presented with the login screen.
In other locations the boot choice menu is always presented when the computer is turned on or rebooted. Press the down arrow key to highlight "Diskless Linux v16.04" and press the Enter key. (Note that you only have 5 seconds to choose the option or the computer will boot into the Windows 10 University Desktop Service.)