Windows 10 version upgrades
How to upgrade manually
- If you are using a laptop or other portable device please connect it to the mains power to ensure your battery does not run out during the upgrade
- Please do not turn off or restart your computer until you are prompted to restart after you have started the upgrade.
- The upgrade files are 5.7GB please keep this in mind if you are at home and have monthly data limit on your broadband.
- The upgrade will take up to 3 hours, but you can carry on working on your laptop for most of this time.
- Open Software Centre
- Find Windows 10 version 1909 Upgrade in the Application section and click on it.
- Click on Install. You can carry on with any other work you want to do.
- The installation files will now be download, which depending on your network speed will take between 15 minutes and an hour, after the files have downloaded you will receive a message indicating the installation has started.
- The installation process will then take a further 30 to 90 minutes depending on your computers specification and application installed. Once the installation has completed you will be prompted to restart, you don't have to do this immediately if you are in the middle of something.
- After you restart the post-upgrade process will take place, this might take up to an hour. You will not be able to use your computer during this part of the upgrade.
Don't worry if the progress displayed is 100% for the majority of the time, this is normal. We are installing additional security updates so your computer is fully secure.