Connecting the Xbox One & Xbox 360
Connecting the Xbox to the Wired Network
To connect the Xbox to the wired network you must first identify the MAC address of your Xbox:
- Scroll Down to "My Xbox" and on the right select System Settings
- On the new screen, select Network Settings
- Select Configure Network
- Under Basic Settings, check to make sure IP Settings is on Automatic
- Go right to select the Additional Settings Tab
- Go down and select the second item Advanced Settings
- Toward the bottom of the screen you should see Wired MAC Address. The MAC Address is the number below this.
Pre-New Xbox Experience Dashboard
- Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings.
- Select Edit Settings.
- From Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address.
Enter the MAC address into the following form to register it on the student residency network:
To Find the MAC Address in Xbox 360 Console (New Xbox Experience):
- Go to My Xbox in the Xbox Dashboard and select System Settings.
- Click Network Settings, Configure Network.
- Select Advanced Settings from the Additional Settings tab, then select Alternate Mac Address.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC.
Connecting the Xbox to WiFi
Not all gaming devices support eduraom wireless network. If you have problem you might need to connect to an alternative network.