Set up student printing on your Mac
On campus you can print to University printers direct from your own computer. You can also print to University printers from off-campus but you will need to set up a VPN connection first.
If you have our old printers installed, named 'Black & White_A4', 'Black & White_A4_A3' or 'Colour_A4_A3', then you should remove them before installing the new ones.
To set up printing on your Mac:
- To remove old printers (if needed): Go to System Preferences, select Printers and Scanners, highlight one of three old printers (eg. Black & White_A4) and click the ' - ' symbol at the bottom of the list to remove. Repeat until all old printers have been removed from the list.
- For Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 or later, download and install the installer file here.
- Locate and double-click the .dmg file. Then double-click Popup.pkg. Safari places pcmsedgbaston.dmg in your downloads folder, other programs may vary.
- In the first three screen of the installer click Continue, Continue, Install.
- Provide your admin password for your Mac then click Install software.
- When the installation is complete click the Close button.
You will now be able to print to University printers.
The student pre-pay printing service features two print queues, Student-Black-and-White and Student-Colour. You should set up Black-and-White as your default printer and always print to that unless you specifically need colour.
Printing from Home or From Private Accommodation
Before you can print to student printers from your home, you will first need to set up a VPN connection. This is needed to set up home printing and will also be needed whenever you print. To set up a VPN connection use the instructions available via the link below.