Setting up student Pre-pay Printing on a Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10 PC
It is very easy to set up your Windows 7 or 8 computer to print to student printers. These instructions work if you are printing from your own Windows computer on campus or in University accommodation. If you are printing from your own home or from private accommodation see the troubleshooting section below.
Remove the old print queues:
If you have our old printers installed, named 'Black & White_A4', 'Black & White_A4_A3' or 'Colour_A4_A3', then you should remove them before installing the new ones.
- Go to Start then click Devices and Printers
- Right click each printer you want to remove and select Remove Device
To set up the print queues on a Windows computer:
- Select the installer for the Sharp Student printers. This will install:
- When the installer has downloaded, run it, if you are using IE you may see a security warning but it is safe to continue
- Click the Install button
- Click the Finish when prompted
Installing printers from off campus
If you are off campus and wish to set up your printing, you will need to connect to our Virtual Private Network (VPN) before running the installer.