Identity and Access Management (IdAM)
The project has procured a commercial off-the-shelf IdAM software solution (Micro Focus) along with professional services (PwC) to assist the project team to deliver a replacement for the 'As-Is' capability of the existing CRISP service, which currently provides the automated provisioning of Student, Staff and Externals accounts within the University.
Phase 1 expected 2020
Why are we doing the project?
- To address areas highlighted by Internal Audit, primarily:
- Risk associated with ageing technology
- Reliance on individual staff resource
- A lack of effective IdAM governance
- To assist the University in complying with the requirements of GDPR
- To mitigate Cyber risks
- To address Student Lifecycle Project interdependencies and deadlines
- To improve the user experience of our digital services and how these services are accessed
How will the project benefit the University?
- Improved information security
- Improved data quality
- Improved IdAM governance
- Improved user experience and efficiency of IdAM processes
- Support collaboration with businesses, partners and other external agencies
- Support compliance with ISO27001, PCI DSS, GDPR and cyber risk
- Remove the reliance on a single system administrator
- Remove the reliance on end-of-life technology
- Remove the dependency upon the legacy student information system
- Support the greater use and increased adoption of digital technologies