Using online services from home

You can access most of our online services from off campus through MUSE as normal. The majority of these services are exactly the same as when you are on campus.

For a small number of staff systems you will need to connect via the university's Virtual Private Network (VPN) to use them.

Online services that need VPN

  • CMS - Content Management System
  • cPanel - Web Hosting
  • myJob/myTeam/e-Recruitment - SAP applications
  • CIS - Corporate Information System
  • CIES - Student Enquiry System
  • CMIS - Timetabling software
  • ShARC HPC - High Performance Computing
  • Postgraduate Application Admin System
  • Undergraduate Application Admin System
  • uReports

(Services run by other departments may also require VPN access, so this is unlikely to be a definitive list)

From some countries you may need a VPN connection to access your university Google Apps.

Set up VPN