Accessing online services remotely
University YoYo Desktop/Laptop users
If you're using a University YoYo Desktop/Laptop, you won't need VPN to connect to most internal services.
The following services are available away from campus without needing to connect to VPN first.
- Logging in to MUSE
- Google Apps for Education
- StarPlus - Library electronic resources
- Remote Desktop Service
- University Connect for China
- MySAPMobile - for staff viewing payslips and managing annual leave
The following core services are not available away from campus and you'll need to use VPN if you are not using a University YoYo Desktop/Laptop.
- SAP services (uBase, myJob, myTeam, myPurchase)
- CMS (Content Management System)
- CIS / CIES
- HPC (High Performance Computing)
- Network Drives - U: and X: (uosfstore)
Other specialist services
There will be other specialist services managed within departments that may require VPN. Always try to connect without VPN before you turn it on. Consult your local IT contact if you need support with connecting to other services.