We also have a team of experts who can work with you throughout the life-cycle of your research projects. We may be able to:
- Help you plan for the IT requirements of your research
- Help with your response to bid applications
- Help with costing IT requirements in research bids
- Help you design, develop and host software applications
- Collaborate with you as a member of your research group
Tell us about your research project by completing our Research-IT Support Project Information Form. As well as establishing contact, this form enables us to understand your needs and identify the best channels for support.
To book a support session with any of our team, please use Appointlet where available, or email email@example.com.
- Mike Griffiths: High Performance Computing, Computational Science, Data Analysis. Programming languages: C/C++, Matlab, FORTRAN, Python, Linux, Cuda.
- Jean Russell: Discursive Ethnography, Statistics, Nvivo, Statistical Packages. Programming languages: SPSS, R.
- Norbert Gyenge: High Performance Computing, Data Science, Computational Science. Programming languages: Python, C/C++, Linux, R, Cuda.
- Des Ryan: High Performance Computing, Engineering Packages, machine/deep learning. Programming languages: C/C++, Matlab, R, Linux.
- Joe Heffer: Data Engineering. Programming languages: Linux, Python, SQL.
- Gemma Ives: Data Science, Data Visualisation. Programming languages: Matlab.
- James Moore: High Performance Computing, Linux, ANSYS, Abaqus, Python, Bash, Data Analysis.
If you would like us to help in any part of your project please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general enquiries to the IT Service Desk: email@example.com
For Research IT related issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
HPC Forum having registered for the Sheffield hpc forum, you can post all Linux & HPC related queries directly on this forum area or by emailing email@example.com
ShARC/Bessemer administrators: to report personal or serious operational problems on the Local HPC Clusters (ShARC/Bessemer)