Microsoft Office 365
MS Office 365 is:
- A new way to obtain the familiar Office applications (2019 versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Free to University staff and students for personal and University use (not honorary or retired staff).
- For installation on Windows, Mac, iPad and Android devices (i.e. not just an online service)
- Not for installation on University desktop PCs or Managed desktops (which have the software already in the Software center, log-in to get the current license)
Office 365 installation & updates are managed online:
- Users are automatically registered via their University account.
- Staff and students can use Office 365 free while members of the University
- Thereafter the normal annual subscription applies
Office 365 is not intended as a substitute for Google Drive and Google Docs. Google collaboration features are more extensive, and the Google online services will continue to be the University's standard collaboration service. IT Services do not advise the use of a second sharing service, as it is likely to confuse and hinder colleagues.
See below for links to: