External UCard and Computing Account

External Categories

Persons with no official association to the University can apply for an External UCard and Computing Account. There are generally two types of external users.

  • Visitors
  • Casual workers (Admin / Clerical)
  • Contractors

Under the curent access restrictions Visitors must ask staff to complete the 'External UCard and Account form' (see right hand link). Expiry dates will be set to a maximum of one year from the date of issue (the exception is UNICUS staff who can be extended for 3 years). Accounts can be extended by completing a new form.

Contractors must see the Estates Department, located in the Arts Tower.

NOTE: This type of UCard does NOT give the card holder access to Library services.

External UCard

External UCards have the following uses.

  • Photographic ID
  • Access to buildings (contact Estates Department)


External Computing Account

External Computing Accounts give the user access to the following services

  • University managed computing
  • Network storage
  • University Email account
  • Wireless Internet (eduroam)