iOS VPN Settings
Follow the steps below to securely connect your iPhone, iPod or iPad to the new University VPN.
You will need to connect to the VPN each time you want to use a service that requires it.
- Go to the Apple App Store.
- Search for FortiClient VPN and download the app.
- Open the FortiClient VPN app and select Allow to begin adding the required configuration.
- Select Connections, then Add Configuration with the following settings.
- Name: UoS-SSL-VPN
- Host: remoteaccess.shef.ac.uk
- Select Save then Done.
- Go back to the main menu.
- Activate the VPN using the slider.
- Enter your university username - this is the same username you log into MUSE with
- Enter your university password - this is the same password you log into MUSE with (if you're enrolled in MFA using a hardware token please enter your university password and the passcode generated by your token in the format of password,passcode - note the comma between password and passcode). A new passcode must be generated for each VPN connection attempt.
- If you're enrolled in MFA using your mobile device - approve the login request on your mobile device.
- You are now connected to the VPN.