Connect a Kindle Fire to eduroam
To connect your Amazon Kindle Fire tablet to our eduroam wireless network, all you need is to be somewhere with eduroam and to have your university username and password to hand.
To connect your Kindle Fire to eduroam
- Click on the settings icon top right of the screen and choose Wi-Fi
- Make sure Wi-Fi is on
- From the list of available networks, select eduroam
- Verify that EAP method is set to PEAP
- Leave Phase 2 authentication blank
- Leave CA Certificate and User Certificate as unspecified
- For Identity enter your University username followed by @sheffield.ac.uk
- Leave Anonymous Identity blank
- Enter your University password
- Tap Connect
- Your Kindle Fire is now connected to eduroam.