Director of Information Technology
This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative, collaborative Director to shape our future technology vision and deliver continued excellence in the provision of Information Technology to students and staff. The Director of IT will take a hands-on role in shaping customer focused, innovative, Corporate Information and Computing Services (CiCS) provision to our diverse and demanding student, teaching & learning and large academic research community.
As a member of the Russell Group of universities, we are one of the UK’s leading research-intensive institutions. We are one of the largest, most forward thinking universities in the country, with more than 28,000 students and 8,300 staff.
We are known for our quality teaching and outstanding research – with six Nobel prize winners amongst our alumni. A forward thinking institution, we continue to drive improvements in both our effectiveness as an organisation, and the customer experience we provide. An innovative, customer focused, collaborative CiCS team will be key to enabling these improvements. This role represents an exceptional opportunity for a visionary technology leader to shape and deliver a compelling, customer first future for information technology at the University.
- Operate as a senior leader across the University, fostering positive relationships with key academic and professional service stakeholders in order to stimulate, shape and manage the demand for innovative, customer driven IT services.
- Devise, develop and deliver an innovative and transformative strategy for CICS which is aligned to the University’s strategic plan, facilitates its goals and delivers a step-change in its customer experience.
- Provide inspiring leadership to the CiCS department, moulding a collaborative, professional IT services offering, which has clear responsibilities, is simple to engage with, is effective in its operation and puts the customer at the heart of what it does.
- With significant exposure to complex information or knowledge intensive industries, you will have the ability to understand the needs of diverse organisation plus have demonstrable experience of shaping high performing IT functions to meet them.
- Politically savvy and an outstanding communicator, you will have the ability to proactively build relationships with a range of senior stakeholders both across the University and the wider sector. Commercially agile, you will also represent the University’s interests with its suppliers and partner firms.
- A proven leader of large-scale technology teams with highly developed people skills. You should demonstrate the ability to shape culture, articulate the benefits of new ways of working and to embed a ‘customer first’ approach within your teams.
For a confidential discussion, contact Mike Dixon at our retained search consultants; Dixon Walter at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0191 5005500