Health and safety
Health and safety issues are very important. Please read the following section carefully and remember we all have a responsibility for our own and other people’s safety.
Professor Jackie Harrison, head of department:
• Responsible for health and safety within the department
Samantha Bharath, departmental safety officer:
• Provides health and safety advice
• Designated first aider
• Undertakes regular health and safety inspections
• Ensures that issues, accidents, incidents and near misses are reported and investigated
All members of staff and all students:
• Follow guidelines included in the University’s Health and Safety Code of Practice
• Have responsibility for health and safety
For further information see the University’s health and safety pages.