Module code: JNL6008
This module introduces students to news production for radio and television. Students will learn basic technical skills covering recording and editing for both media and the conventions of writing and presenting. It emphasises the nuts and bolts of putting together radio and television news bulletins and starts the process of encouraging students to use radio and television production techniques effectively.
Students will apply news gathering and interviewing skills in broadcast situations which are structured to simulate the professional working environment and will learn to write material for a news website.
- to give an understanding of the principles and practice of broadcast journalism
- to ensure that students apply news gathering skills to radio and television news and the web
- to develop students' ability to write and present for broadcast news following professional conventions
- to give an detailed understanding of the technical skills involved in radio and television production, including sound and vision recording, audio and video editing
- to enable students to apply technical skills to radio and television news production
Please note: module details given here may be subject to change. If you need more information, please contact us.