Advanced Magazine Journalism
Module code: JNL6024
Once students have developed the basic skills of magazine writing, this module encourages them to develop their magazine production skills to a higher level and introduces them to the principles and practice of magazine design and brand development.
Students will then apply these skills to produce a portfolio of work that covers key magazine journalism skills.
- to develop students' ability to create a magazine from concept to printed page
- to further develop the ability to write, edit and come up with ideas for targeted audiences
- to introduce focus groups and market research to identify readers
- to introduce SWOT analysis to identify the commercial viability of a magazine
- to develop students' ability to design magazine pages and covers in line with brand requirements
- to introduce students to the principles and practice of magazine production
- to ensure that students work to realistic, tight deadlines
- to introduce students to the principles of how the magazine business operates
- to give students advanced training on multimedia platforms including video, recording, slideshow and VT editing skills
- to ensure that students have the basic skills to create their own branded magazine websites and recognise the need to use social media when necessary
Please note: module details given here may be subject to change. If you need more information, please contact us.