The digital media and communication environment
This research theme comprises work in the following areas:
- Digital propaganda, influence and persuasion strategies
- The role of digital technologies in humanitarian crises
- EU regulation of cross-frontier audiovisual media services
- Data protection and the 'right to be forgotten'
- Media convergence
- Digital communicative landscapes, processes and dynamics
- Theoretical and conceptual work on the new media environments and contemporary power dynamics
Current and recent PhD students working in this area include:
The University’s four flagship institutes bring together our key strengths to tackle global issues, turning interdisciplinary and translational research into real-world solutions.