European and comparative media and information law - policy - communication publications
This list includes all publications from the last three years by our academic staff who are researching European and comparative media and information law – policy – communication.
For older publications please see the profiles of individual researchers.
- Communication in Peacebuilding. Civil Wars, Civility and Safe Spaces.. Basingstoke (under contract).: Palgrave MacMillan.
- From repression to oppression: News journalism in Turkey 2013-2018. Media, Culture and Society, 42(7-8), 1443-1460. View this article in WRRO
- IPSO and accuracy: A comparative study of complaints handling procedures in four UK newspapers. Journal of Applied Journalism and Media Studies.
- The civil norm building role of news journalism in post-civil war settings. Journalism, 146488492110729-146488492110729.
- Suppressing the news In Harrison J & McKernan L (Ed.), Breaking The News: 500 years of news in Britain (pp. 89-98). London: British Library.
- Creating capacity for peace: The power of news and civil norm building, Insights on Peace and Conflict Reporting (pp. 139-151).
Our outstanding reputation for journalism
The Department of Journalism Studies ranks in the top 5 of all three of the UK's independent university league tables.
The University’s four flagship institutes bring together our key strengths to tackle global issues, turning interdisciplinary and translational research into real-world solutions.