School of Law
Lecturer in Law
Module Convenor: UG Law with German Law
+44 114 222 6840
Full contact details
School of Law
I am a Lecturer in Law and the Programme Director of the LLB Law with German Law at the School of Law at the University of Sheffield. I currently teach the following undergraduate and postgraduate modules:
Before joining the Sheffield Law School in August 2015 I worked as a Research Associate at the Transnational Economic Law Research Centre at the Institute for Economic Law at the Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg in Germany and prior to that as a Senior Associate in the Financial Industry in Dublin.
- BA (Joint Hons) Economics and Economic & Social History – The Queen’s University of Belfast, UK
- LLM.oec. Economic Law and Business Law – Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Germany (Thesis: The International Law on Foreign Direct Investment – Summa Cum Laude)
- Doctoral Candidate at the Transnational Economic Law Research Centre (TELC) at the Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Germany
- Research interests
- Transnational Financial Law
- Public International Economic Law
- Global Regulatory Regimes
- Critical Legal Theory
- Critical Legal Thinking
- The normative evolution of corporate governance in the UK : an empirical analysis (1995-2014). Corporate Governance, 19(5), 1015-1041. View this article in WRRO
- View this article in WRRO Review: ‘Women against Fundamentalism – Stories of Dissent and Solidarity'. Das Argument – Zeitschrift Zeitschrift für Philosophie und Sozialwissenschaften’, 58(2), 303-303.
- Research group
I currently supervise a number of students in the area of Comparative Law pertaining to the English and German Legal System including EU Law perspectives.
- Teaching activities
Principles of Comparative Law
Introduction to Comparative Law
Banking and Financial Services Regulation
German Legal Terminology
German Law and Legal System/German Private Law
Legal and Political Culture of Germany/German Constitutional Law
EU Internal Market Law (Contributor)
- Professional activities
- I am a Fellow at the Institute of Critical Theory in Berlin (InkriT).
- I am a member of the Feminist Section at the Institute of Critical Theory (InkriT).
- I am a member of the Law School ‘SICCL’ Research Cluster’ (Sheffield Institute of Corporate and Commercial Law).
Recent invited papers and keynote lectures
- ‘Financial Regulation and Comparative Regulatory Subjectivities - Comparing Normative Structures and Consequences of Innovative Post-Neoliberal "Knowing Societies" in Germany and the USA’. Invited paper for the ASCL (American Society for Comparative Law), 5th Annual YCC Global Conference at Tulane Law School, New Orleans, USA.
- ‘Wie gerecht ist das Recht?’ (How just is the Law?) Critical Legal Theory Lecture and Discussion/ Critical Sciences Working Group, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany.
- ‘Rechtsstaat’ (Rule of Law), Panel Member & Academic Review at the XIX. Annual Conference - Berlin Institute of Critical Theory, 2015.
- ‘Law in Transition’, Panel Chair ‘Early Modern Political Struggles’ 6th Annual International Berg Conference, The Buchmann Faculty of Law, Tel Aviv University, Israel.
- ‘Neo-Liberalism and the Law – A Critical Analysis’. Invited paper ‘Critical Legal Conference’, The Queen’s University Belfast, Law School, UK.
- ‘Democracy, Citizenship and (Neo)-Liberal Theories of International Law – Analysing and Contextualising Gender Intersectionality’. Invited paper ‘Feminist and Gender Studies Postgraduate Network Annual Conference’, The Queen’s University Belfast, Law School, UK.