Banking in the Shadows: FinTech, Cryptocurrencies and Emerging Financial Systems
3 September 2018
The Sheffield Institute for Corporate and Commercial Law hosted its fourth Law and Money Conference on September 3rd 2018. The event was kindly supported by the Society of Legal Scholars.
The event featured speakers from prestigious US, Chinese and UK institutions with the day focused on progress made since the 2008 financial crisis, in particular in the areas of shadow banking, cryptocurrencies, financial technology and emerged financial markets, especially China.
- Robert Hockett and Saule Omarova (Cornell)
- Simon Deakin and Jason Allen (Cambridge)
- Lei Zhao (Chinese Academy of Social Sciences);
- Charles Goodhart (LSE and British Academy)
- Angela Walch (St Mary's)
- Daniela Gabor (UWE)
- Dong Yang (Renmin)
- Yong Yang (Beijing Sharelink Technology Group);
- Cheng Cheng (Hunan)
- Emilios Avgouleas (Edinburgh)
Please find the full programme here: Law and Money Programme